Sprouted grain bread is healthy and hearty.
The smell of freshly baked bread is one of the most recognizable and delicious smells. Traditionally, breads are made using basic ingredients such as flour, yeast, water and in some cases milk or oil. Sprouted grain bread, such as Ezekiel bread, use untreated, live, sprouted grains in its recipe. Ezekiel bread can be found at health food stores or organic markets. To allow the bread to keep longer, most stores sell Ezekiel bread frozen. Thawing the bread properly is necessary to fully enjoy the hearty bread. Add this to my Recipe Box.
1. Remove the Ezekiel bread from the freezer. If the bread is sliced, take the number of slices out of the bag that you need, and reseal the bag. Then place it back in the freezer for future use.
2. Place the slices of bread on parchment paper on the counter. Allow the bread to thaw naturally which will usually take one to two hours.
3. Flip the bread at the half hour mark so the bread will not get soggy on one side. Check the bread periodically during the thawing process.
Toasting Frozen Bread
4. Take one to two slices of frozen bread from the freezer. Reseal the bag and place back in the freezer.
5. Place the slices of bread in your toaster. Set the toaster one setting darker than you use for fresh bread. This will ensure that the bread will toast to your desired color and consistency.
6. Spread butter over the toast and serve.
Quick thaw method
7. Remove Ezekiel bread from the freezer and open the bag. Wrap the Ezekiel bread in aluminum foil and place in the oven at 400 degrees F for 20-30 minutes until warmed all the way through. Because Ezekiel bread is a dense bread, it may take longer than basic bread to thaw.
8. Take the thawed Ezekiel bread out of the oven and allow it to cool for five to 10 minutes.
9. Remove the aluminum foil, while being careful to avoid any steam that could be released. Use a sharp serrated knife to slice the bread. Place the fresh, warm bread in a lined basket and serve.Tags: Ezekiel bread, bread from, bread from freezer, from freezer, aluminum foil